Wednesday 3 September 2014

Waffle and double-speak from Abercrombie and Fitch

American clothing brand Abercrombie and Fitch is my Mis-Communicator of the Week for their appalling announcement they are dropping their branded clothing.

Their decision was because of "adverse likes to our logo business". Awful. See more of why they failed so badly at my regular column on the PR Moment blog.

This isn't the first time I have highlighted poor communications from Abercrombie. In 2011 they failed to understand that they were an aspirational brand to many millions and shot themselves in the foot. This led me to call them the 'John Major of brands'.

Their sales began falling then and haven't stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and I will be interested in what you have to say.