Tuesday 21 December 2010

The future of blogging

As someone who is new to the blogging world I was very sad Iain Dale decided to stop his diary. In the first few months of this blog he was very supportive, linking here and driving traffic in a way no other blog - even those hosted by national newspaper websites - could.

I was an avid reader from the start; indeed Iain's blog and Tory Radio
were the first blogs we monitored in 2005 when I was working in the CCHQ press office. In many way Iain Dale's diary has defined political blogging in the UK. So what now? I have been toying with writing a summary of how I see the future of blogging developing, but have been too busy on my day job (how Iain kept up his output and built a succession of successful businesses is beyond me).

The good news is Mark Wallace - who Iain Dale named as his natural successor on Twitter - has written the summary for me. See here and don't forget to scroll down to the comments for interesting insights from some other familiar figures of the right-of-centre blogging world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and I will be interested in what you have to say.